Thursday, August 25, 2022

CHRISTEN HIM

 CHRISTEN HIM

Am I assigning any duty to our readers? No; yet the title finds place here for the intricacy behind it. Life is a body of experiences that include confabulations, confusions and contradictions. These together justify the title chosen as a tentative ‘relief’ from the difficulty. I am presenting an acquaintance of mine who believes that none else could ever match him in wit or intellect, leave alone his other accomplishments.. In a nutshell, it looks well nigh impossible to locate another of the likes of his, except by error if one tumbles on him.  To make my idea of him clear, I recall my ‘baffled’ experience with him. When I told him, “You are a rare person under the Sun”, he retorted -‘you are wrong, the Sun is under me and I am not under the Sun. 

Such is the ‘supremacy’ of his or at least he believes so. All popular opinions would be blasted to pieces by his assertion “you are wrong”.  He reminds us of one of Murphy’s laws that suggests “the boss is always right even when he is wrong”. All that one would need to get on with him, is to to cultivate the famous adage from magazines -“Laugh it off” Otherwise, he would rip through our peaceful sleeps at nights.

Over three decades +, I am yet to notice an occasion when our man keeps off or pleads unfamiliarity. He would make us feel sad and ashamed saying “I know your father more than what you know of him”. We would stand all ends dried up with this woeful inadequacy of ours to the father. If the expression “Sky is the limit” has any applicability, right away we can hope to fix it on him. 

He has several anecdotes rolled up his sleeves , to be let off at a suitable but unexpected moment. Look at this. He said “When I landed in New york, one man came running to me and hugged me to his heart’s content. When I said Mr. So and so, he was astonished and asked how you identified me though we have not met so far? I told, you were at the gate with a bill for payment- You must be “Bill Gate” AND BEING AT different gates you must be Bill Gates. He has no limits for his fantasies. He would simply baffle telling “A good looking person seeking alms can be named Sundar Pichai and would further serve a shock, late at midnight Sundar called on me requesting meanings for a series of words when he was appearing for XII standard public examinations. Director of school education advised Sundar to take academic help from me. Such was my radiance would be his calm claim.

Prof. K. Raman     

 

 

1 comment:

  1. In your own words none could ever match him in wit or intellect.
    He is a rare person that neither he is under the sun nor the sun is under him. But rising sun is with him and so he is always very hot in his expression.He feels supreme in all the fields. But public feels that he is unfit to be a politician and not worthy to get PhD degree.

    ReplyDelete

THE CARPENTER

  THE CARPENTER   Yet another weakening artisan is the carpenter. Well, readers may construe that I am exaggerating and that carpenters ar...