Saturday, September 3, 2022

BLOG LESSONS

 BLOG LESSONS 

Well for about a year now my blog postings appear and I dispatch to 45-50 friends on phone. Incidentally the first ever posting of mine in Tamil was the 350th entry a couple of days ago. A few of those postings had managed to cross viewership number 40, while a vast majority of them oscillate around 20; but, the lone Tamil entry -an item presented as a subtle commentary about psephology -as observed in media drew a high score of near 72 and has hit 85 now! What am I to infer? 

Was it that a blog done in vernacular reveals a better ability of mine over that of my trying in English or my English gives a trying time to readers?  Are viewers fed up with 'perceptions' presented herein or only light reading has viewership? Why do I intend exploring the possibilities relating to blog post viewership as an element of significance?  

As I had made out in the beginning, that being a Tamil entry, non-Tamil readers could not have read it nor was it fed to their phones; yet to have hit a near 4 time swell in readership in less than 2 days is a serious pointer to something. I keep pondering over -as to if I am cutting into people's precious time by launching senseless projections of irrelevant items? GOD KNOWS.   I am no God, I do not make out what runs in people's minds and I can ill afford to be a mindless writer.  Thank you one and all. If you have something to say, please respond.   

    Regards   Prof. K. Raman 

3 comments:

  1. Continue to send the blog in English. To respond in Tamil I find it difficult to type.
    K.Venkataraman

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make it a mixed bag, I feel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy reading your blog in which ever language.

    ReplyDelete

THE CARPENTER

  THE CARPENTER   Yet another weakening artisan is the carpenter. Well, readers may construe that I am exaggerating and that carpenters ar...