Friday, December 10, 2021

SHOULD I BLOG OR BLOCK?

 SHOULD I BLOG OR BLOCK?

It looks a queer title. Yes, I am impelled to gather opinion from readers as to the feasibility or otherwise of my attempt to posting in blog. It all began on Sept. 22 of the current year with the piece ‘Do you know or remember?’ In all, so far I have presented 101 episodes relating to varied themes, though a numerical majority addressed varied facets / items of learning. As any writer would endorse, the proof of the pudding [writing] is in the eating [reading or readership]. I          f so, what should my endeavour be? To write or to write off  ? Obviously, the latter is a convenient option, as it would perhaps spell relief for most readers who would otherwise feel tormented by some unsolicited title popping up like the unrelenting money lender who makes the first call of the day. I am not trying to portray a picture. Still, after 100 + postings, introspection even in retrospect is not a bad idea. To have a credible assessment, the blog data came in handy to draw inference on ‘readership’ and the responses thereof. Quite some revelation comes from the numbers of ‘readers’ and ‘respondents’. Necessarily, respondents form a miniscule [not that readership is any large]. Curiously, different topics have enthused readers in different proportions. The biggest was 57 readers [episode 4 – What to do? a comic piece though with some critical suggestions]. The others were What to do?- episode II [48 readers], Commitment [ also48 readers] Do you know or remember? II [41], Some comic situations – [37], Nostalgia- [36]. Some 6 pieces had [around 25 READERS]. UNEXPECTEDLY, THE PIECE ON GRASPING Biology has had a patronage from 22 persons.

Only 64 of the 101 pieces have managed to elicit responses varying from 1 to 3.    Not more than 3 persons have ever thought it fit to respond.

Under the circumstances

Am I any justified in abrogating another person’s time and phone space? Honestly, I am in a quandary to decide if to write further or say goodbye, with  folded arms and  sincere thanks to all who had spared their time  to such pieces.

If readers prefer further topics, may I request topic suggestions and some preparatory time instead of my forcing things on any reader. If no suggestions, the cue is taken.   Thank you.                       Prof. K. Raman

6 comments:

  1. I think you should continue..may be 2 postings per week and topics on photography ( you were too good at it!), places of interest, financial planning etc can be included..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please continue sir .I am one of your student.Sasibabu(1998_2000).M.Sc.,Botany batch Thankyou. Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you block your blog blood vessels supplying my brain will clog
    K. Venkataraman

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your blogs. They are very interesting, knowledgeable and give a satisfaction of reading good english, which is a rarity nowadays. One can connect their own experience with the facts you narrate. What's more, we are able to get a fraction of your vast knowledge. I also forward your blogs to my close friends. There is no question of you stopping your blog. My humble request is that you please continue.

    ReplyDelete

THE CARPENTER

  THE CARPENTER   Yet another weakening artisan is the carpenter. Well, readers may construe that I am exaggerating and that carpenters ar...